Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Sunday was a big deal around here because it was Father's Day! Not only a day to celebrate our wonderful dads, but Jim's first time as an "honoree". Charlie and I let Jim sleep in and then we all got bagels and brought them back to the house...I was going to make pancakes, but it turned out we were out of eggs ;)


We made Jim work for his gifts though...while he slept in, Charlie and I made clues and hid them all over the house. This was all in an effort to avoid wrapping...in the end, probably not much of a time saving measure, lol. But was fun watching Jim get each clue and try to figure it out.

It took us a while to decide what to do that day, because it was 89 degrees and about 100% humidity. But, we sucked it up and went for a hike over at Ivy Creek, a local nature preserve that borders the Rivanna reservoir. Fun, but sweaty!


After that, we rinsed off and headed downtown for some Mexican food. I was a little wary of what would happen since it was now past Charlie's bedtime, but he was SO good. Just sat in his stroller chewing on his toy, people watching, and enjoying the ambiance of the restaurant patio. Finally, we took a leisurely stroll up and down the pedestrian mall, shared a mint chocolate chip milkshake and headed home. Happy Fathers Day everyone!


No comments: