Thursday, April 23, 2009

A big baby and other sightings...

So today Charlie had his 4-month doctor visit.  Everything went great, he was smiley, laughing and drooling for everyone.  It turns out he is still a big boy...17 pounds and 26 inches long, 90th percentile for both.  No doubt - check out these rolls, lol.

I love, love, love this doctor's office.  Everyone is very happy and relaxed and they take so much time with you, just chatting about everything...to the point that you start to worry about some poor patient who might be kept waiting in the next room!  They are also very natural in their approach, so I appreciate that.  Overall though, everything is going great and we'll get ready to start experimenting with solids in 2 months.  Wow!    

On a side note, I was driving back home on a two-lane road near our house and was stopped by some traffic.  I happened to be alongside a old boarded-up house that the city had purchased and will be razing for some new road modifications.  The house is obviously abandoned and quite overgrown, with no real neighbors around it.  You can still tell it was a great house in it's day, classic...good bones.  But I was shocked to suddenly notice a gorgeous peacock randomly walking around on the front lawn!  No fence or anything...what the heck?!  Are there such things as wild peacocks, lol??  I have no idea where it could have come from.  I looked around to see if other drivers were noticing, but it didn't seem like it.  Perhaps the sleep deprivation has been getting to me, but the whole scene was almost magical.  So I decided to do what any logical person would do, and made a wish ;)

No comments: