
I put him in the bathtub immediately, but maybe I should have waited, as we ended up having a very messy next few hours. Messy next few days actually...we had many, many outfit changes and loads of laundry. Poor guy started getting upset by it all, like "hey! why is this happening to me?!" He ended up getting a fever by early Monday evening, and the poor kid got about 30 minutes of sleep Monday night...spread out over 10 minute increments. Didn't sleep much the next day either, but was a bit better Tuesday night and completely crashed on Wednesday.
We felt so bad for the little man, it was heartbreaking to not be able to do much. Thankfully, it is all behind us now! I took this picture on Wednesday when he was feeling a bit better but still totally exhausted from it all.
We have no idea where he could have picked up this bug, but it was like a little lesson from the universe for me. My parents were here the week before, and while we were at Whole Foods my mom saw Charlie trying to and successfully lick the shopping cart. She was horrified! Even with a car load of perishable groceries, she insisted that we immediately drive to Babies R' Us so she could buy him one of those fabric covers for a shopping cart. Now, I tend to be a minimalist, especially when it comes to baby paraphernalia. So standing there, staring at the wall of fairly ugly cart covers, I just couldn't do it. Quote: "Nah, he doesn't need one...we never had them and look at us, we lived!"
Dum dum duuuum.
Guess what I'm doing this weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment