Monday, August 10, 2009

Flying pigs...

I haven't seen the pigs of course, but I'm sure they're out there. Why? Because the most unlikely of unlikelies (not a word, but I'm using it anyway) has occurred. Jim, Charlie, and I have joined a GYM! Whoooaa?! Can you hear that record screeching to a halt?

I know, I know. You can pick your jaws up off the floor now. Yes, the most un-fit family on Earth is going to be more active! After we signed up last week, Charlie and I went every day. Jim joined us on Sunday. It's an awesome, happy place and we all love it. Too bad I might have accidentally consumed two...er, three slices of almond cake this weekend.


I had looked into taking some Pilates classes, since that is my favorite workout, and for the same price as attending once a week at a local Pilates studios, our whole family can belong to this great athletic club. AND, I could take Pilates there everyday if I wanted...it was kind of a no-brainer. Jim likes to swim and play racquetball, so he will be set. Their pools are very nice, and all saline, not chlorine-based so it's easier on your skin. Charlie loves the warm water pool! What's also nice is they have lots of mom/baby classes (pool, strollerfit, etc.)...so we can "workout" together if I don't feel like leaving him in the daycare. Yay!

Okay, maybe just one more piece of cake now...you know, to celebrate!

No comments: