Dare I say it? I am probably going to jinx us, but I just have to appreciate what a good baby Charlie has been. I don't know a ton about babies but I'm guessing that he is very easy on us. Sometimes too easy actually, last night he slept for 7 hours straight and then after a quick meal, went right back for another 2. He is growing up too fast, sniff! I must be a crazy mother because I am not ready for him to sleep through the night, lol.
Other than sleeping, he has been "talking" a lot, and it is so cute. He also has tears now! He rarely cries (plenty of whimpers!) but on Monday he was laying on his baby gym mat looking up at the dangling animals and I came over and tickled his tummy which evidently shocked him or interrupted his conversation with the dangling monkey, because he got quite mad and cried. A really loud cry! I picked him up and he calmed down, but I saw the big tears in his eyes and it just about broke my heart! On the other hand, it seemed like the start of a real personality coming through. Rather than just being a docile baby, he was a little person he was suddenly really mad...it was kind of cute :)
The one thing that makes Charlie "difficult" is that he wants to eat all. the. time. The past few weeks it has been pretty much every hour to hour and a half. We're glad he is a healthy growing boy but it can be hard to do anything other than feed him!
(He obviously inherited this from me...;)
I also must confess that we are slacker parents. Charlie is supposed to have quite a bit of "tummy time" everyday, in order to strengthen his neck muscles and learn to lift his head up. But he hates it, so he doesn't get much practice. He does very well holding his head when he is in an upright position, but I suppose we should really press the issue with the tummy time. I would hate to be the cause of his missing a developmental milestone! What to do?! Guess we'll find out next week at Charlie's two month appointment...



No comments:
Post a Comment