Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Anniversary

It's like a rule now, all photos/post subjects have to be over 2 months old. Sorry about that!


Anyway...this year was, amazingly, our 10 year anniversary. 10 years sounds like a long time, but it went fast. A 10 year anniversary used to sound like something "old people" would celebrate. After all, I vividly remember my parent's 10 year anniversary. They threw a real party with a caterer. My mom wore a floor length dress, it was really hot, and I discovered chicken wings. (What an 8 year old focuses on!)

No party for us though, Jim and I are too (cheap, overwhelmed, disorganized?) lame for that. We did go out to a very nice French restaurant though. I had poached lobster on fresh pasta, Jim had a really amazing halibut. The highlight was a creme fraiche ice cream though...fabulous! To celebrate the occasion, I pulled out my lime green shoes from our wedding. I hadn't worn them since, and oh. my. gosh. they were uncomfortable! No strolling around after dinner. We hightailed it back home to kiss Charlie good night, thank our friends for babysitting, and relax at home.

Yes my dear, I think we're officially getting old!

No comments: