Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

I am so behind with posting pictures, but I'll get a little ahead of myself here and show off Charlie's Halloween costume. He was supposed to go as a skeleton, but 3 days before the big event I tried his (long ago purchased) outfit on him and it was way too small. We spent a few hours racing around trying trying to find a suitable replacement and eventually stumbled onto something...


This seemed especially fitting since I have been singing Edelweiss to Charlie since he was a tiny baby and it soon became the one thing that would quiet him down when he was upset. Before long, it became "his song". Jim's one regret with the costume is that we didn't sew him a little stuffed sausage or beer stein to carry around!

On Friday night we (along with Grandma and Grandpa Wise who came down to join us!) did the annual Halloween on the Lawn at UVA. It's a crazy, fun and crowded event with practically every kid within a 50 mile radius in attendance. But where else does one get the chance to trick or treat with the ghost of former resident Edgar Allen Poe, or celebrate in the shadows of Jefferson's Rotunda?! Charlie seemed quite mesmerized by the spectacle of it all, and joined his friend Mikey the monkey on a blanket. Aren't they cute? :)



Happy Halloween everyone!

2 comments:

Erik said...

Great costume! Reminds me of the velour lederhosen my parents dressed me in for actual events (non-Halloween).

Jim and Joanne said...

Awesome, Charlie is jealous!