skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Overdue!
Gearing up for baby...
It's so hard to believe that 40 weeks has come and gone. Well, 40 weeks and 5 days to be exact. No contractions, no discomfort, and still sleeping through the night...so it's hard to believe this baby is ever going to come. We're in no hurry to rush things, and we'd like this baby to pick his own birthday so we are patiently waiting to see when that will be! Worse comes to worse, Dr. Culver said they would let me go 2 weeks before they would induce. For the record, two weeks from my due date is Christmas eve. Which I am okay with...however, we are certainly hoping it happens before then!
The whole pregnancy has been a blur. It seemed like we had an eternity in front of us to plan, dream, prepare and mentally gear up for parenthood. The whole thing went like the blink of an eye, and we have been paying the price the last few weeks trying to get everything ready. We are such slackers! Frankly, it took so long to even believe we were pregnant, so it seemed strange to be preparing for something that seemed so abstract and far off. Although honestly, it is still pretty hard to believe. I feel so normal that sometimes I reach down to see if I still have a belly, making sure this wasn't a dream. So far, it's still there!
Today, the last of the nursery furniture is due to arrive...his lovely red Eames rocker! (We're pretty sure he's going to love it.) Other than that, his room is almost done. I've just finished pre-washing all the cloth diapers and need to order a few more carpet tiles to complete the area rug. Jim is sewing a slipcover for a little side table, and hopefully will be done with that tonight or tomorrow. (How lucky am I to have a husband that sews?!) Everything is taking shape, now we just have to keep the cats out of everything...
Overall, I have to say we enjoyed every minute of the last 40 weeks. Being pregnant has only been a blessing, amazingly easy and without any complaints. I feel kinda bad and superstitious for even writing that, but it's so true and I want to thank the baby in advance for what a gracious guest he has been! :) So, I am being optimistic and crossing my fingers that birth will be no different. (Go ahead, you can laugh now...lol)
So, wish us luck and we will be back with pictures when the times comes!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment